KINGSTON, Jamaica – Kingston College will hope to get a one-two finish when their 2000m steeplechase pair of Ainsley Campbell and Darnel Edwards take on the field in the final of the event at the ISSA/Grace Kennedy Athletics Championships on Friday.
The North Street boys dominated their respective heats as Campbell finished in 6:18.80 and Edwards clocked 6:23.76. They have the two fastest times in qualifying.
They will be joined by Calabar High’s Adriano Brown and Chadrick Robinson, the Jamaica College pair of Tyrone Lawson and Nellie Ambriton, Daniel Pennant
and Rahiem Walker of St Jago, Wolmer’s Boys’ Xavier Bryan and Conroy Robinson, Antwone Witter of Maggoty High, Omar Campbell of BB Coke, Bellefield High’s Nichalos McLaren and Richardo Graham of Edwin Allen High.
The final of the Boys’ 2000m steeplechase is slated for Friday at 5:24pm.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.