KINGSTON, Jamaica- Maggotty High won two of the three boys’ 800m finals on Saturday’s finals day of the ISSA/GraceKennedy Boys’ and Girls’ Athletics Championships at the National Stadium with Yoshane Bowen taking the Class 2 gold medal and Jayden Brown winning in Class 3.
Bowen, who won the Class 2 1500m last year, ran 1:56.04 seconds to win, coming from well behind in the final 200m to race past the field. He won easily, with Edwin Allen High’s Joel Morgan claiming silver in 1:56.44 seconds and St Elizabeth Technical’s Rashid Green third in 1:57.19 seconds.
Brown, who was eighth in the Class 3 final last year, was crowned the champion after he ran 2:01.85 seconds to beat the Calabar High pair of Alejandro Palmer- 2:01.90 seconds and 1500m champion Carlos Brison-Caines 2:02.10 seconds.
Jamaica College’s Kemarrio Bygrave was dominant in the Class 1 final where he ran 1:51.94 seconds, well ahead of St Elizabeth Technical’s Barrain Smith- 1:52.23 seconds and Port Antonio High’s Ainsley Brown-1:52.49
-Paul A Reid
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.