#Champs2023: Wolmer's Boys' Campbell wins pole vault gold after placing fifth in 2022
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Wolmer's Boys’ Daniel Campbell won the Pole Vault Open on Friday at the ISSA/GraceKennedy Boys' and Girls' Athletics Championships at the National Stadium after clearing 4.20m.
Campbell, who was fifth last year with 3.40m, beat Kingston College’s Isaiah Patrick, the Decathlon champion, who cleared 3.90m in the competition, 10 centimetres better than his height in the multi-event.
Another Kingston College vaulter Courtney Hanchard who was seventh last year, won the bronze medal with 3.60m.
Wolmer's Boys' Mark Phillips, who was third last year, was eighth with 3.20m.
– Paul A Reid
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.