KINGSTON, Jamaica— Wolmer’s Girls’ quest to be the top Kingston-based school at the ISSA/GraceKennedy Boys’ and Girls’ Athletics championships got a big boost when they won two of the four sprint hurdles on Saturday’s final day of competition being held at the National Stadium.
Tiana Marshall who was fifth last year, won the Class 3 80m event while Jadea Harris won the Class 4 70m event to contribute 18 points between them.
Marshall was also fifth in the 100m final on Wednesday. She ran 11.29 seconds (-2.3m/s) to beat St Catherine High’s Akeelah Ellis- 11.48 seconds and Edwin Allen High’s Angel Robinson- 11.52 seconds.
Harris ran 11.05 seconds (-2.9m/s) to win the Class 4 final, beating Immaculate Conception’s Ayanna Blake- 11.08 seconds and Excelsior’s Cordella Gabbidon- 11.30 seconds.
Petersfield High’s World Under-20 silver medalist Alexis James won the Class 1 100m hurdles after placing second last year, running 13.39 seconds (-3.1m/s) to beat St Catherine High’s Asharria Ulett- 13.59 seconds and Edwin Allen’s Tonie-Ann Forbes- 13.61 seconds.
Hydel High’s Jody-Ann Daley won the Class 2 100m hurdles with 13.70 seconds, ahead of St Jago High’s Bryana Davidson- 13.89 seconds and Excelsior’s Shelley-Ann Taylor -13.92 seconds.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.