CLARENDON, Jamaica – The Clarendon police are probing whether the killing of a man in Bucknor district in May Pen on Friday night has anything to do with a case he has before the courts.
Shandy Grant, a 19-year-old mason from Sevens Road in the parish, was shot to death while he waited at a car wash.
Grant, who was well-known to the police, was before the court accused of having sex with a minor and had been reporting to the authorities as a condition of bail.
Reports are that around 10:27 pm, Grant was at the car wash when he was pounced upon by men armed with guns. Police said the men shot him several times.
He reportedly died on the spot, and the gunmen fled the area.
Residents summoned the police, who found Grant’s lifeless body lying on its back in a pool of blood, with what appeared to be gunshot wounds to his face, right knee and the lower part of his right arm.
Grant’s body was removed to the May Pen Hospital, where it was confirmed dead.
Police said while they do not have a clear motive, they are investigating if Grant’s killing was linked to the matter he had before the courts.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.