Cop allegedly shoots motorist after altercation over fender-bender on Mountain View
ST ANDREW, Jamaica— There was a non-fatal police-involved shooting on Mountain View Avenue in St Andrew after a cop intervened in an altercation between a taxi driver and a motorist on Sunday.
The fight between the taxi driver and the other motorist reportedly began about 10:30 am after a minor fender-bender at the corner of Mountain View Avenue and Windward Road.
The policeman reportedly identified himself but one of the combatants attacked him. He then allegedly shot his attacker.
The Corporate Communication Unit confirmed the incident.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.