MANCHESTER, Jamaica - Mandeville Liquor Store copped the inaugural Rhoda Moy Crawford Community Football League trophy on Thursday after defeating Los Perfectos in the final of the competition played at James Sports Park in Mandeville.
Crawford, who is Member of Parliament for Manchester Central, told OBSERVER ONLINE that the competition lasted for seven weeks.
“The winning team walked away with $100,000. Los Perfectos walked away with the second place prize of $30,000 and the National Solid Waste Management Authority walked away with the third place prize of $20,000,” she said.
“The people of Manchester Central were treated to seven weeks of exciting family friendly competition from 24 outstanding teams. The vendors were happy for their huge sales. We all had a great time.”
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.