A curfew has been imposed in sections of the Kingston Western police division. The curfew began at 6:00 pm on Sunday, January 29 and will remain in effect until 6:00 pm on Tuesday, January 31.
The boundaries of the curfew are as follows:
North- along Race Course Lane (Blount Street) from the intersection of Little King Street travelling to the fence line forming the western periphery of the Golden Heights Housing Development, also annexing the northern and eastern sections of the development, travelling south along paved gully and continuing to the intersection of William Street and Upper Rose Lane.
East- along Rose Lane from the intersection of William Street continuing south along Rose Lane to the intersection of Beeston Street and Rose Lane.
South- along Beeston Street from Rose Lane continuing west along Beeston Street to the intersection with Spanish Town Road and southwest along Spanish Town Road to Little King Street (excluding the Denham Town High School and Denham Town Police Station).
West- along Little King Street from Spanish Town Road to the intersection of Race Course Lane (Blount Street).
During the hours of the curfew, all persons within its boundaries are required to remain within their premises unless otherwise authorised in writing by the ground commander.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.