Recording artiste and producer Damien Howell has teamed up with dancehall artiste and singer Nicky B for the single ‘Man Dem’, which will be released on Monday, March 27 via Diamien Records.
Howell explained how the collaboration came about. He is also featured on the track.
“Well, Nicky B has always been a close friend of mine. We have known each other for years. Ding was always one of my favourite artistes, so when I did the beat, he was the perfect fit in my mind for this beat. As the song blossomed, it grew more into a Ding-Dong collaboration,” said Howell.
He described working with both artistes.
“Working with those two guys has been a blessing. Lots of laughter, lots of fun. It’s just been a blast on a different level,” he shared.
Howell, who is originally from Charlemont in St Catherine, has been involved in music production for the past eighteen years. Now residing in Canada, he has worked with the likes of Sean Paul, Beenie Man, Karl Wolf and Danny Fernandes among others.
Howell says he brings musical talent and modern-day production skills to the area of production.
Some of his previous production credits include Willie Bounce featuring Nicky B and Fall in Love by Beenie Man featuring Karl Wolf.
“I am hoping to achieve recognition for putting in the work to something I love. That has been a part of my life for a long time. To bring togetherness and happiness in everyone’s heart when they hear a D Howell track,” he said.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.