GEORGETOWN, Guyana (CMC) – Guyana’s non-resident ambassador to Israel, Ital Bardov, says that while Guyana has to cooperate with several countries and investors around the globe to usher in its new era of development, Israel will be a good partner for the country.
“I think there is a growing understanding…that Guyana is in a process of transformation and to do that you have to bring in a lot of changes and to cooperate with investors around the world.
“…It’s a great advantage for Guyana that we come with our knowledge. We transfer our knowledge and we work with the Guyanese,” Bardov said during an interview with Guyana’s News Room earlier this week.
According to Bardov, Israel is known for its technology and innovation that have been used in various sectors and can be leveraged by Guyana as it attempts to expand and diversify its economy.
Bardov added that the establishment of the Caribbean Community’s largest dairy farm in Guyana, a product of a burgeoning partnership between Israel’s LR Group and Guyana’s Demerara Distillers Limited (DDL) is an example of what benefits can be derived when the two countries partner with each other.
Beyond knowledge transfer and technology sharing, Bardov said Israelis provide good financing terms that could be beneficial to developing countries like Guyana.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.