KINGSTON, Jamaica (CMC) -- Culture Minister Olivia Grange is being invested as a Dame Grand Cross of the Imperial Order of the Star of Honour of Ethiopia.
The investiture will be made by the Crown Council of Ethiopia at the Command of His Imperial Highness The Prince Ermias Sahle-Selassie.
The Crown Council said Grange was being honoured “because of the kindness and diligence with which she enabled the recent formal visit to Jamaica of… Prince Ermias and Princess Desta Saba, and for her great friendship with the Crown of Ethiopia that have contributed materially to the improvement of Jamaica-Ethiopia ties.”
Grange will be formally invested by The Prince Ermias on Saturday, in Washington, DC on the occasion of the annual Victory of Adwa Commemorative Dinner which also commemorates the Victory of Gondar.
The Victory of Adwa and the Victory of Gondar are two great military victories of Ethiopia under Emperors Menilek II and Haile Selassie I respectively, that marked turning points for Ethiopia, Africa and the world.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.