ST THOMAS, Jamaica— Two firearms and several rounds of ammunition were seized following operations in White Horses and Hampstead in St Thomas on Friday, March 17.
Reports are that about 6:30 am, a team of officers was on an operation when they went to a house in the White Horses community. On their arrival, a search of the premises was conducted and one Beretta 9mm pistol with a magazine containing 14 rounds of ammunition was found in a bag in the ceiling of the house.
The firearm and ammunition were seized and the three males who occupied the house were taken into custody.
During the second operation around 5:58 pm, a premises in Hampstead in the parish was searched. During the search, one man was seen throwing an object inside the house. It was retrieved and found to be one Glock 9mm pistol with a magazine containing 25 rounds of ammunition.
All four occupants of this premises were taken into custody.
The identities of those taken into custody from both operations are being withheld pending further investigations.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.