Five shot at party in Greenvale
MANCHESTER, Jamaica - Police are now on the scene in Greenvale, Manchester where at least five people are said to have been shot a short while ago.
Unconfirmed reports suggest the injured were among patrons at a party in the community.
Greenvale, an at-risk community, has been on the police’s radar for months.
In April, then head of the Manchester police Superintendent Lloyd Darby had announced a restriction on entertainment events in Greenvale and five other communities in Manchester.
Read: No part permits for six violence-plagued areas in Manchester
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.