KINGSTON, Jamaica-Four men were charged with robbery with aggravation and receiving stolen property following an incident on Upper Elletson Road in Kingston on Tuesday, February 28.
Charged are 24-year-old Dwayne McIntosh, otherwise called ‘Deco’, a labourer of Bustamante Highway, Kingston 13; 29-year-old Oshane Reid of Carliston Place, Cumberland in St Catherine; 19-year-old Jovoni Green, otherwise called ‘Jaheen’, a higgler of Mark Lane in Kingston and a 17-year-old boy of Greater Portmore, St Catherine.
Reports from Elletson Road police are that about 10:40 pm, a woman was walking on the roadway when she was pounced upon by occupants in a motor vehicle.
Two men alighted from the vehicle and proceeded to rob her of her personal property. A report was made to the police and an investigation launched.
About 11:30 pm, lawmen intercepted the same vehicle with the four accused aboard. The vehicle was searched and the complainant’s properties were reportedly found. The properties have an estimated value of $100, 000.
McIntosh, Reid, Green and the teenage boy were charged on Monday, March 6.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.