Wrestling icon Hulk Hogan can no longer “feel his lower body” reveals fellow pro-wrestler and World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Hall of Famer Kurt Angle.
Angle said that he caught up with 69-year-old Hogan, given name Terry Gene Bollea, at the WWE Raw 30th anniversary show which was held last week Monday in Philadelphia and Hogan disclosed that he had back surgery and the nerves to his lower body were cut.
“He can't feel his lower body, so he has to use his cane to walk around. I thought he was using the cane because he has pain in his back. He doesn't have any pain. He has nothing at all. He can't feel anything,” Angle said.
“So now he can't feel his legs, so he has to walk with a cane. That's pretty serious, man. I mean, I really feel for Hogan. He put his heart and soul into the business and it ate him up," Angle continued.
Hogan, in the past, has talked about having back and hip issues due to his years in the ring, especially from doing the leg drops during his matches.
He has previously gone on record saying that in hindsight he wishes that he had used a different move.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.