Illegal gun, ammo seized at party, one in custody
ST ANDREW, Jamaica - An illegal firearm and ammunition was seized at a party on Mannings Hill Road, St Andrew on Wednesday, August 17.
One man was taken into custody.
Reports are that about 2:30 am, a police team on mobile patrol visited the location in response to loud noise reports. The party was turned off, and the man was seen acting in a manner that aroused the officers' suspicion.
He was accosted and searched.
One Smith and Wesson 9-millimetre pistol with a magazine containing seventeen 9mm rounds was taken from his waistband.
He was later arrested.
The identity of the man is being withheld as the Constant Spring Police continue their investigation.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.