Kingston College (KC) standout Dujuan 'Whisper' Richards is set to sign a contract with a top English Premier League (EPL) football club in a matter of days, the Jamaica Observer has been reliably informed.
It is understood that Richards, who recently went on a two-week trial with EPL side Newcastle United, is expected to sign the contract on Friday in Kingston.
READ: 'Whisper' Richards set for Newcastle trial
The 17-year-old enjoyed a sensational campaign in the recently-concluded schoolboy season, netting more than 30 goals while providing 19 assists for KC.
He also recently received his maiden national senior men’s call-up, and is expected to feature in two upcoming friendly international games for the Reggae Boyz against Trinidad and Tobago.
The first of the two-game series will be played at the Montego Bay Sports Complex in St James on Saturday, March 11. The second match will be played Tuesday, March 14 at the National Stadium in Kingston.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.