KINGSTON, Jamaica – Jamaica’s Marie Forbes set a new Clemson University programme record in the women’s discus throw after she placed second in the event with a personal best 56.93m on Friday’s opening day of the University of Central Florida Knight Invitational.
Forbes, the former Vere Technical standout, beat her previous best 52.01m set last year and moved her from third to first on the Clemson list, beating the 56.70m set by Veronica Fraley in 2021.
It was the second school record set by Forbes this season after she broke the weight throw record in the indoor season.
Danielle Sloley, who won the shot put with 16.01m, was fifth in the discus throw with 41.59m.
Daniel Cope also of Clemson won the men’s discus throw with 52.87m, while former Edwin Allen runner Lashanna Graham won the women’s 400m hurdles with 57.70 seconds, 10th best ever at Clemson.
At the Clyde Hart Classic at Baylor University, Demar Francis of Baylor was second in the men’s 200m in 20.54 seconds (1.8m/s), while Kavia Francis was also second in the women’s 200m in 23.60 seconds (1.1m/s).
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.