ST ANN, Jamaica – A St Ann construction worker has been charged with illegal possession of firearm, illegal possession of ammunition, and wounding with intent with the use of a firearm in relation to an incident that occurred on September 17, 2022.
Charged is 58-year-old Antonio Luccaine, otherwise called ‘Tony’ or ‘Black Dot’ of Middle Street, Priory, St Ann.
Reports are that about 7:30 am, the complainant was approached by Luccaine and two other men, who were armed with guns. The men then opened gunfire hitting the complainant several times.
The injured man managed to escape and was taken to hospital for treatment. A report was subsequently made to the police.
An investigation was launched and Luccaine was arrested. He was formally charged on Tuesday, March 21 after an interview session in the presence of his attorney.
Luccaine’s accomplices are currently being sought by the police.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.