Man who miraculously survived gun attack, succumbs to injuries
CLARENDON, Jamaica – A Clarendon man who was shot several times on Monday night, but miraculously survived, has now succumbed to his injuries.
Junior Thomas, otherwise called ‘G-String’, a 50-year-old tailor from Free Town died in hospital on Friday, police have confirmed.
Reports reaching OBSERVER ONLINE indicate that about 10:30 pm Monday, residents reported hearing explosions.
Police say about 6:30 am the following day, Thomas was found suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. He was transported to hospital and an investigation was launched.
Police say they are still trying to establish a motive for the attack.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.