KINGSTON, Jamaica— A man has been arrested and charged following a dispute at a gas station on Beechwood Avenue on Sunday February 26 in Kingston, where he allegedly shot at a man.
Charged with shooting with intent, illegal possession of firearm, accessory after the fact, misprision of a felony and malicious destruction of property, is 36-year-old Marlon McKreith, a mechanic of Barbican Road in Kingston.
Reports from the Half- Way- Tree police are that about 11:25 pm, the driver of a Toyota Probox motor car went to a petrol station on Beechwood Avenue where he stopped behind a Hyundai motor car which was driven by McKreith with two other men aboard.
An argument developed between McKrieth and the men in the Probox, during which a shot was reportedly fired in the direction of the Probox driver. The bullet damaged the left rear panel of the Probox.
McKreith was subsequently arrested on Friday, March 17 during a police operation and later charged following a question and answer session in the presence of his attorney.
McKreith is set to appear before the court on Wednesday, March 29.
Lawmen are continuing investigations to apprehend the co-accused of McKreith, one who is believed to be a licensed firearm holder.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.