KINGSTON, Jamaica— Residents of Ocho Rios in St Ann will benefit from a free medical camp being organised by the High Commission of India in Jamaica on Sunday, October 2.
The camp is slated for the Ocho Rios Primary School, 47 Milford Road, from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, and is being hosted in partnership with the Jamaica Council of Churches, Indian community doctors, and Indian Pharma Companies.
The services, to be administered by the community doctors, will include free medical consultation, blood pressure and diabetes checks, and medication.
People attending will be required to adhere to coronavirus (COVID-19) safety guidelines and protocols.
The camp will be the seventh organised by the High Commission since the start of the year.
A release from the High Commission said the event is being held in recognition of the 153rd anniversary of the birth of Indian social activist, Mahatma Gandhi.
Gandhi is one of the 20th century’s greatest political and spiritual leaders and was honoured in India as the Father of the Nation. He was born October 2, 1869 and died on January 30, 1949.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.