The quest to be crowned the best primary school in track and field starts Thursday at the three-day INSPORTS/Devon Biscuits National Primary Schools Athletics Championship inside the National Stadium.
Following the three regional championships, 1,393 athletes from 97 schools have qualified for the nationals with the top school walking away with $500,000.
The second-placed team will collect $250,000 while $200,000 will be awarded to the third. Teams finishing fourth to 10th will get $100,000 each.
Defending national champion Lyssons Primary of St Thomas won the Eastern Championship; St Catherine’s Spanish Town are the Central winners and Corinaldi Avenue Primary of St James are the Western champions and they earlier won for themselves $250,000 each.
The three-day championship will be streamed live by TrackAlerts on the INSPORTS Youtube channel and Facebook page.
There will be 40 finals and action starts at 10:00 am on the opening two days and at 11:00 am on the final day.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.