ST ANDREW, Jamaica – A St Andrew businessman is to face the court to answer to the charges of shooting with intent, possession of prohibited weapon and malicious destruction of property following a dispute at a gas station on Beechwood Avenue, St Andrew on Thursday.
Charged is 33-year-old Sanjay Doolam of Barbican Road, Kingston 8.
Reports are that about 11:25 pm, a taxi operator travelling in a Toyota Probox had a dispute with Doolam and other men travelling in a Hyundai motor vehicle. It is alleged that when the taxi operator was leaving the compound, Doolam pulled a firearm and opened fire hitting the Toyota Probox – the taxi operator escaped injuries.
A report was made to the police and an investigation launched. On Wednesday, March 22, Doolam turned himself in to the police along with a Sig Sauer 9-millimetre pistol. He was subsequently charged.
His court date is being finalised.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.