St Ann man stabbed to death, teen in custody
A St Ann teen has been taken into custody following a fatal stabbing incident in Claremont on Tuesday night.
The dead man has been identified as 58-year-old Desmond Smith, otherwise called Bandick, of Coultart Grove District in Claremont.
The police report that around 10:30 pm Smith got into an altercation with the teen.
During the altercation, Smith was stabbed, allegedly by the teen. Smith was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The teen was subsequently arrested by the police.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.