ST ANN, Jamaica - The St Ann police have dismissed reports being circulated on several social media blogs that individuals are being robbed of cash after exiting Automated Teller Machines (ATM’s) in the Ocho Rios Town Centre.
One social media post asked that people be vigilant when using the ATM located at Beecham Plaza in Ocho Rios, as gunmen are allegedly holding up citizens.
Senior Superintendent Dwight Powell, who is in charge of policing in the parish, says they have not received any such reports.
“We have no such reports that the ATMs are being robbed,” he told OBSERVER ONLINE.
“We are not in receipt of any such reports,” he reiterated
Several individuals in the comment sections of the mentioned social media post expressed that they are scared.
One commenter stated “OMG!! Thanks that is the machine I use,”
Meanwhile, Powell asked that individuals remain cautious of their surroundings and be sure to file a report in the event of any such happening.
“We would advise persons not to drop their guards,” he stated.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.