Following the theft of their smartphones from their locker room during the recent season opener, members of the St George’s College Manning Cup football team have received replacement devices from schoolboy football sponsor Digicel.
Digicel Junior Brand Manager, Kaydean Webley, sprung the surprise on the student-ballers during a training session at the school recently.
As the jubilant teens powered up their new phones, Webley commented, “We are super-excited that you are already loving your new phones, and that you’re all able to continue to enjoy your Prime Bundle plans with the fastest mobile data speeds. The excitement on your faces reminds all of us at Digicel why we continue to support our young ballers. Continue to enjoy our services, and all the best with your quest for the Digicel/ISSA Manning Cup.”
On September 10, while St George’s College faced off against Ardenne High at Sabina Park in their ISSA/Digicel Manning Cup opener, thieves broke into the George’s players’ changing room and stole cellular phones, items of clothing and even football boots.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.