St James farmer charged with arson after man’s house set ablaze
ST JAMES, Jamaica— A 23-year-old farmer has been charged with arson after he allegedly set a man’s house on fire in Stonehenge, St James on February 3.
Charged is Teejay Holmes otherwise called TJ, of a Stonehenge address.
Reports from the Montego Bay Police are that about 7:55 am, a man was at home when Holmes attacked him and set his house on fire. The man managed to put out the fire, however, Holmes reportedly set the house ablaze again which eventually destroyed the dwelling.
A report was made to the police and Holmes was arrested on Monday, February 6. After a question and answer segment in the presence of his attorney, Holmes was charged.
A court date for him has not been finalised.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.