St James football coach jailed on fraud charges
ST JAMES, Jamaica - A well known football executive and coach has been arrested on a number of fraud charges relating to monies collected from a sponsor and which were supposed to be used to pay players.
Reports to OBSERVER ONLINE are that the coach was arrested earlier this week after the fraud was discovered and is being held in a police station in St James until the court date.
OBSERVER ONLINE understands that over $1.5 million have been misappropriated.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.