KINGSTON, Jamaica— Three men have been arrested and charged after they allegedly threw a firearm from the car they were travelling in during a police chase on Hagley Park Road in Kingston on Sunday, March 5.
Charged with illegal possession of firearm and ammunition are 24-year-old Odane Lewis of Mcintyre Villa ; 25-year-old Taryle Sutherland of Upper Elleston Road, and 28-year-old Courtney Henry of Fleet Street, all in Kingston.
Reports are that about 4:30 pm, lawmen were on an operation in the area when they saw a Toyota Camry motor car with the three accused aboard. The driver was signalled to stop however, he disobeyed the police team and sped off.
During a police pursuit, one of the men was reportedly seen throwing an object from the vehicle at the intersection of Hagley Park and Waltham Park Road.
The object was retrieved and revealed to be a Glock 26 pistol with a magazine containing nine rounds of ammunition.
The vehicle was later intercepted on Norman Lane in Kingston 13.
The occupants- Lewis, Sutherland and Henry- were taken into custody and charged after a question and answer session in the presence of their attorneys.
Their court dates have not been finalised.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.