TRELAWNY, Jamaica - A 25-year-old Trelawny man has been charged with assault at common law, possession of a prohibited weapon and discharge of a prohibited weapon within a public thoroughfare in relation to an incident which occurred on Wednesday, February 1.
Charged is Rannaldo Wilson of Race Course, Falmouth Gardens, in the parish.
Reports are that about 10:40 am, a man was standing at his gate when he was approached by Wilson, who was in the company of two other men.
Wilson and one of his companions alighted from the vehicle, accosted the man at gunpoint and ordered him to get into the vehicle.
The man reportedly refused. It is alleged that Wilson returned to the vehicle and fired two shots before leaving the area.
A report was made to the police and an investigation launched. Wilson turned himself in to the police the same day.
He was questioned and charged on Sunday, February 5.
His court date is being finalised.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.