A 62-year-old United States resident was abducted from Portmore, St Catherine, robbed, stabbed and left for dead in Clarendon on Thursday.
The woman, who is from Connecticut in the US but also has a residence in Jamaica, arrived on the island on Wednesday. She has been admitted to hospital.
Police have since named a woman known only as Tameka Miles as a person of interest in connection with the incident. Miles is being asked to turn herself over to the police as soon as possible.
Reports reaching OBSERVER ONLINE are that the woman was visiting the island to make funeral arrangements for her sister, who died recently. She was reportedly staying with a relative in Portmore.
Police said around 10:30 am on Thursday, she met with a lady known to her as Tameka Miles at the Portmore Mall. The lady reportedly came to pick her up in a white motorcar with two men.
After entering the vehicle and driving a short distance, the men attacked the woman, the police said.
She was reportedly robbed of her handbag containing her personal belongings, stabbed several times, taken to Ginger Ridge, Clarendon, and thrown from the motorcar into a precipice.
Residents of the community went to the woman’s assistance after they heard her crying for help and observed her crawling out of the precipice, bloodied and with her clothes torn.
The residents summoned the police, who arrived and saw the badly-inured woman with what appeared to be stab wounds to her chest. Lawmen subsequently assisted her to hospital, where she was admitted in serious but stable condition.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.