KINGSTON, Jamaica - A man who was featured multiple times on police most wanted lists was shot and killed by members of the security forces on Thursday.
Dead is 31-year-old Kearon ‘Kadula’ Angus, who was wanted in connection with a double murder and a shooting.
In a social media post, the police said Angus he was “mortally wounded” during an operation by the security forces in Kingston West.
OBSERVER ONLINE understands that the incident occurred about 2:40 pm.
According to a report, members of the security forces were conducting a joint-military operation in the Studley Park Road area when officers, acting on a search warrant, entered a premises and were greeted with gunfire by Angus.
The lawmen reportedly quickly returned fire, hitting Angus to the upper body.
He was rushed to the Kingston Public Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
A black Canik TP9 pistol along with one live round were retrieved following the incident.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.