WATCH: #Champs2023 - Alpha athlete left in tears after false start in relays
Tashay Faulkner of Alpha Academy was reduced to tears after she was removed from the track for a false start in the preliminary of the Class 2 4x100 relays at the ISSA/GraceKennedy Boys’ and Girls’ Athletics Championships on Thursday at the National Stadium.
Faulkner was among several runners during the preliminary round of the relays to have been controversially ruled to have made a false start, which automatically disqualifies the offender’s team from the event.
After having been ruled to have false started, Faulkner initially disputed the call and refused to leave the blocks. However, she eventually relented and left the tracks in tears. Watch the video by the Jamaica Observer’s Garfield Robinson below.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.