Woman being sought in municipal cop’s slaying in Clarendon
CLARENDON, Jamaica - The police are searching for a woman who allegedly stabbed a municipal police officer to death during an altercation in Burnt Ground, Clarendon on Monday.
The deceased has been identified as Keanie McDonald, a 30-year-old resident of Burnt Ground in Green Meadows, Clarendon.
Reports are that about 5:20 pm, McDonald and the woman, who is allegedly his common-law wife, were engaged in a dispute at their home when she allegedly used a sharp implement to stab him.
She subsequently fled the area.
The police were summoned and McDonald was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Anyone knowing her whereabouts is being urged to call the nearest police station.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.