WESTMORELAND, Jamaica - The woman who was shot and killed at a hotel wedding reception in the resort town of Negril has been identified.
The deceased is Rudhena Senior, a 31-year-old data entry clerk of a Riverside district, Kingsvale, Hanover address.
READ: Three shot at Negril hotel wedding
Reports are that about 6:15 pm, a lone motorcyclist drove onto a side lane located between the hotel and another well-known resort. On reaching a section of the lane, the gunman reportedly opened fire at the wedding guests through a fence, hitting the woman and two men.
Senior, who received shots to the upper left section of the chest, was rushed to the nearby Omega Medical Hospital in Negril where she died.
Start your day off right. Sign up for the Observer's free Morning Bites newsletter to stay up-to-date with the news.
The two men are currently receiving treatment in a hospital.
The incident left overseas guests at a nearby hotel, who were outside dining at the time of the shooting, traumatised and scampering for cover.
The police, who have not yet established a motive, continue their investigations.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.