Applications for JLP scholarships now openTuesday, July 20, 2021
KINGSTON, Jamaica— Jamaicans who have been accepted into a university and are between ages 17 and 25 can now apply for one of the six Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) National Scholarships for 2021.
The announcement was made by Prime Minister Andrew Holness on his Facebook page on Tuesday morning.
The scholarships, which aim to provide educational opportunities for students who pursue specific subject areas, are this year named in honour of past ministers who were part of a government formed by the JLP, Holness shared.
The scholarships are:
• The Honourable Dr Mavis Gilmour Peterson scholarship for Science/ Mathematics and Education (post graduate)
• The Honourable Douglas Vaz scholarship for Economics.
• The Honourable Jeanette Grant Woodham scholarship for the Creative Industry.
• The Honourable Ryan Peralto scholarship for Computer Science/Cyber Security.
• The Honourable Ambassador Anthony Johnson scholarship for International Relations.
• The Honourable Edwin Allen scholarship rewarding Potential and Perseverance.
According to Holness, "These scholarships will be awarded to individuals with a strong record of academic achievement, who demonstrate a concern for others, a commitment to community and country, strong leadership potential and exemplary character."
The application period for the JLP National Scholarships will be from July 19 to August 19, 2021.
Persons can apply for the scholarships at scholarships.jamaicalabourparty.com, as well as to seek additional information.
Now you can read the Jamaica Observer ePaper anytime, anywhere. The Jamaica Observer ePaper is available to you at home or at work, and is the same edition as the printed copy available at https://bit.ly/epaper-login