Three men were left nursing wounds following a drive-by shooting on Birdsucker Lane off Barbican Road in St Andrew on Saturday evening.
According to the police, the men were at a bar when a car drove up and the occupants shot at them. The men were rushed to hospital after the incident and at press time their conditions were unknown.
Up to 6:30 pm Saturday, investigators were present and the road was cordoned off and closed to vehicular traffic. Residents and passers-by flocked the outskirts of the lane inquiring about the shooting. Also, several business operators closed their shops following the incident.
A constable at the Jamaica Constabulary Force's (Corporate Communications Unit told the Jamaica Observer, "We can confirm the incident, but the names [of the victims] are being withheld."
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.