KINGSTON, Jamaica — The Sunshine Girls went down 50-54 to England in a humdinger on day two of the Netball World Cup in Sydney, Australia.
The Allphones Arena was treated with four mesmerising quarters of speed and skill in the hotly contested match, whose winner was unclear up to the final minutes.
The Girls, who had previously trashed Samoa 90-44 in their Pool B opener, are now tied with Scotland on 2 points. They will enjoy a rest day today ahead of their encounter with Scotland tomorrow.
An unbeaten England sit atop the group with 4 points after back-to-back wins and will face bottom-off-the-table Samoa today. The Pool B top two will face off with Pool A top two, Australia and New Zealand - who are tied on 4 points, and will vie for supremacy ahead of the England-Samoa fixture.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.