Security guards association: Yes
The association representing security guards is arguing that its members should be armed with high-powered automatic weapons in order to match the firepower of gunmen who, in a mere three weeks, have staged two bloody robbery attacks on Beryllium couriers in St Catherine.
However, Commander George Overton, director of operations at Guardsman Group, is opposed to doing so, saying that it is a bad idea to fight fire with fire, as innocent people could become collateral damage.
See related stories:
'Give us automatic assault rifles'
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.