St Mary's College Founder's Day
St Mary's College staged its annual Founder's Day ceremony on March 15 at the school in Above Rocks, St Catherine, under the theme 'Igniting Excellence, Preserving our Legacy'.
The event, which featured a guest address by past student Iyesha Jones, also saw long-service awards presented to teachers Rodger Moxam, 30 years; Heather McNair-Collins, 25 years; Helen Hamilton-Richards, 25 years; and Marsha Simpson-Montague, 20 years.
St Mary's College was founded in January 1955 by Jesuit priest Father Edmund Cheney who served as principal until 1960.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.