IT was very difficult to move through the aisles of stores two Thursdays ago as the Jamaica Observer Takes Style Out (TSO) got under way across the island.
TSO is an exhilarating shopping initiative by Jamaica's number one daily newspaper to stimulate retail sales island wide.
A large crowd was out despite heavy rains in the north-eastern section of the island to take advantage of sales.
Lines at Payless ShoesSource in Ocho Rios, St Ann, extended in a winding bend throughout the store, with shoppers waiting up to an hour to cash their goods.
Several shoppers waited patiently to benefit from bogo and 20 per cent off sales.
In Portland, business operators welcomed the annual event, which some believe was impacted by the showers.
Here are some highlights:
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.