The Kentucky Derby (and its hats) was in full effect last weekend! And The Rock joined in on the action — virtually, of course — thanks to the American Women's Group of Jamaica who staged Fashion Derby, a watch party and fashion show at the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel.
Colourful fascinators, bold dresses, and chic shoes were the order of the day as guests streamed into the Tai Flora-decorated space and set their sights on the big screen as 20 thoroughbred horses stormed down the track.
After witnessing Mage earn a surprising victory, guests repaired to the poolside, eager to see what Keneea Linton Designs, Signatures Boutique and Resortwear by Eroleen would send down the runway.
Fashion Derby was held under the patronage of the Dominican Republic Ambassador to Jamaica Angie Shakira Martínez Tejera. "This gathering today is not only a celebration of fashion and style, but also a demonstration of the commitment to making a positive impact in the lives of women and children," said Martínez Tejera.
Page 2 shares highlights.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.