Tuesday, May 9, 2023
On Saturday, Thanks to the American Women's Group of Jamaica (AWG), race fans on The Rock watched the race in an absolutely stunning indoor/outdoor Tai Flora-Luxe setting at the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel. And with a post time of 6:57 pm (5:57 pm local time), guests turned out a l'heure — for 'Fashionable Derby', a watch party and fashion show that benefits the organisation's scholarship fund and charities.
It was a big day for horse racing, but more importantly, a great excuse to place discreet bids at the silent auction in-between sips of Aperol Spritz, catch up with friends and contemplate wardrobe options from Keneea Linton x Locale, Signatures Boutique, and Resortwear by Eroleen.
Page 2 has highlights.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.