Wednesday, May 10, 2023
On Saturday, horse racing fans around the world were on the edges of their seats (for a little over two minutes, at least) as they watched jockey Javier Castellano finally win the Kentucky Derby after 15 tries. And The Rock was in on the action, as several gathered at the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel for the American Women's Group of Jamaica's (AWG) 'Fashionable Derby', a watch party and fashion show to benefit the organisation's scholarship fund and charities.
And while seersucker and pastels are usually prime derby day fashion, several Rock-fab attendees were spotted making their mark in white.
Here are a few of our faves, plus looks fresh from the Signatures Boutique runway.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.