England's Rose to blossom in SVREL Sprint TrophyFriday, October 30, 2020
BY RUDDY ALLEN
Eight horses are down to compete in the second running of the Supreme Ventures Racing and Entertainment Limited (SVREL) Sprint Trophy, a Graded Stakes event for native-bred three-year-olds over six furlongs (1,200m).
The Supreme Racing Guide takes a close look at the runners and their chances of winning the $1.5-million event.
1. ALEXA'S LODGE: (3 ch f by Blue Pepsi Lodge – Alexa's Song) – Did well to win on last coming off the pace in the Miracle Cure Sprint over five-and-a-half furlongs. Faces tougher opponents here and so repeating is not an option for her.
2. SILENT SEEKER: (3 b f by Silent Valor – She Sell Off) – Unplaced in her last two efforts but did win in a fast 58.0 seconds down the straight prior to those two dismal runs. Is capable enough and could go home earning here.
3. LOOSE BALL: (3 dkb g by Fearless Vision – My friend Lucy) – Came running on last only to be beaten by two-and-a-half lengths in fourth place behind stable companion Whoshotthesheriff and Basilicus over five-and-a-half furlongs. Should enjoy the half-furlong more and once again be in the thick of things.
4. HIG DIPLOMACY: (3 b c by American Dance – Code Star) – Has no chance of winning.
5. ENGLAND'S ROSE: (3 b f by Natural Selection – Ahwhofah) – Was expected to romp home on last when going over the five-straight course on September 27. Broke behind the pace and never really got going and ended up finishing in third place by five lengths behind Laban and She's A Hit. England's Rose needed that run coming off a three-month break and basically she is much better than these and could put away rivals with the minimum of fuss.
6. ADORE BRILLIANCE: (3 b f by Adore The Gold – Brilliant Ace) – Improving and talented filly who was a comfortable winner on last over six-and-a-half furlongs. Faces her toughest task to date but she is well capable enough and could chase home the favourite here.
7. BASILICUS: (3 dkb f by Performing Magic – Regency) – Was just caught in the final stages of the race by Whoshotthesheriff when going over five-and-a-half furlongs. Faces more competition here and so cannot a winning vote.
8. VOYTEK: (3 b g by Casual Trick – Royal Dutch) – A winner on last who is going to find repeating an extremely tall order.
9. RUM WITH ME: (3 b c by Casual Trick – Zacapa) – Based on current form, Rum With Me cannot be recommended.
10. GLOCK: (3 ch f by Sensational Slam – Three Shots) – Closed fast towards the end to finish a length-and-a-half behind Whoshotthesheriff on last and was only a neck behind second-placed Basilicus. With the extra half furlong to travel, Glock is expected to be a lot more competitive here.
Now you can read the Jamaica Observer ePaper anytime, anywhere. The Jamaica Observer ePaper is available to you at home or at work, and is the same edition as the printed copy available at https://bit.ly/epaper-login