A major North London derby awaits us on Sunday as Arsenal and Tottenham square off in an expected mouth-watering affair. However, before that clash, French league leaders Monaco will host in form Nice who defeated PSG last weekend, in a blockbuster clash later today.
Event # 1 – FRA– Monaco vs Nice– 2:00 PM
Monaco and Nice will put their respective unbeaten records on the line when both teams go head-to-head. Monaco leads the standing after five matches, while Nice sits in fourth, two points behind them.Monaco have started the new campaign in fine form winning three matches while drawing the other two, including a 2-2 draw away to Lorient last weekend, despite dominating the match for long periods. So good have Monaco been so far that they boast the league's best offensive record by some distance, having scored 15 goals in their opening five matches so far with PSG some way back with 10 goals.
Meanwhile, Nice will enter this clash high on confidence following their impressive 3-2 beating of PSG last weekend. They started the season with two draws conceding just two goals during that run but head into today's clash on a two-match win streak which includes the scalp of PSG. Nice boasts the joint-best defensive record in the league having conceded just four times and will be confident of stopping a free-scoring Monaco team that have been scoring goals for fun this season. Nice's confidence will be further strengthened by the fact that they defeated Monaco 3-0 away from home last season, and the manner in which they brushed aside PSG ahead of this match.
• Monaco – Monaco are unbeaten in their last five league matches and have scored 3 or more goals in four of their opening five matches.
• Nice – Like Monaco, Nice have not lost in their last five matches, winning two and drawing three during this run while scoring 7 times.
• Both sides – Monaco have defeated Nice in five of their last seven meetings, but the last time both teams met Nice won 3-0.
The betting tip: Monaco win.
Event # 2 EPL – Arsenal vs Tottenham – 8:00 AM
Arsenal will face bitter rivals Tottenham in a huge North London derby at the Emirates on Sunday, as both sides put their unbeaten records on the line in what is expected to be a humdinger.
The Gunners, Arsenal, head into this derby off the back of a win away against Everton, while Tottenham scored twice deep into stoppage time to beat a stubborn Sheffield United last weekend.The Gunners will be aiming to maintain their dominance over their neighbours in recent times having done the double over Tottenham last season, that was the first time they had achieved that feat since he 2013/14 season. That six points helped Arsenal to their unexpected second-placed finished in the league and also contributed to the Gunners finishing above Tottenham in the league table for the first time since the 2015 season. With that said, it's been 20 years since Arsenal won the Premier League and having gone within a whisker of lifting the trophy last season, they will be aiming to go all the way this season and a win over their hated rivals will work wonders for their confidence.
Meanwhile, it is safe to say not many people had envisaged Tottenham would still be undefeated after five games ahead of the new campaign, especially after former captain Harry Kane moved to Bayern Munich in the summer. However, Tottenham have proved the doubter wrong as with coach, Ange Postecoglou at the helm, Tottenham have been great so far, winning four of their opening five matches while drawing the other. Truth be told, Tottenham haven't faced as tough an opponent like Arsenal have this season, the toughest opponents they have faced so far is Manchester United, a team struggling with lots of issues both on and off the field. With that said, both teams have had strong starts to their season, and as is often the case with derbies, the atmosphere could impact the outcome of the match, Arsenal might just prevail at home as Tottenham haven't won at the Emirates since 2011.
• Arsenal – Arsenal have won eight of their last nine and are on a four-match winning streak at home overall, in all competitions, while scoring 14 goals during this run.
• Tottenham –Tottenham are unbeaten in 15 of their last 19 matches in all competitions, and like Arsenal, they are on four match winning streak.
• Both sides –The last time both teams met, Tottenham won 3-0 at home, but the last time both teams met at Emirates, Arsenal won 3-1.Indeed, Arsenal have won four of their last five matches against Tottenham.