MONTEGO BAY, St James — Former champions Granville Jaguars rebounded from their opening loss to beat the fast-starting Cricket Club Knights 55-50 in the only Western Basketball Association Men's Invitational League game, last weekend.
Cricket Club had won their first two games of the season while Granville lost their opening game but got their first win after getting a slim five-point victory.
Unstable weather across portions of western Jamaica last weekend saw Saturday's games being called off and only one game scheduled for Sunday.
Dave Black led Granville Jaguars with a game-high 18 points as they led from the start, 9-8 after the first quarter, 29-25 at the half-time break, and 44-38 at the end of the third quarter.
Cameron Morris and John Carles Renes both scored six points each, David Peck scored five points, while Renaldo Lewin and Cleon Morgan scored four points each.
Rayo Gardner scored 13 points for Cricket Club, player/Coach Jhaun Bryan scored eight points and had 12 rebounds, while three players — Oshane Mothersill, Lemar Mitchell and Andre Hill — all scored six points.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.