IRWIN, St James — Manning’s School and Glenmuir High will contest next week’s final of the Inter-secondary Schools Sports Association rural area Under-14 football competition after beating Maldon High School and Vere Technical, respectively, on penalty kicks on Friday.
Manning’s School prevailed 4-3 on penalties in their game played during a constant drizzle at Irwin High in St James, after giving up a 2-1 half-time lead to draw 3-3 in regulation time.
Glenmuir High got by Vere Technical 4-2, also from the penalty spot, after they had played out a 1-1 draw in their semi-finals game contested at Foga Road in Clarendon.
The final has been set for St Elizabeth Technical on Thursday.
At Irwin, Manning’s School — who were led by two goals from Carlington Smith and one from Kajay Williams — were ahead 2-0 before Maldon pulled one back just before half-time.
Maldon High, who had two goals from Kenroy Thorpe and the other from Christopher Reid, came out more purposefully in the second half and scored twice to lead 3-2. But with less than five minutes to go Manning’s School salvaged a draw and went on to win on penalties.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.