FORMER champions St Elizabeth Technical High School and Manning's School ran their records to four-straight wins in the Inter-secondary Schools Sports Association daCosta Cup football competition following victories over BB Coke High and Belmont Academy, respectively, on Wednesday.
Nine schools maintained perfect records on the day as Rusea's High, Petersfield High and Manchester High also took their records to three straight wins while Frome Technical, William Knibb Memorial, Cedric Titus and Clarendon College made it back-to-back wins.
Meanwhile, second-year entrants Mt St Joseph Catholic scored their first win when they edged May Day High 2-1 in their Zone F game.
The Manchester-based school snapped a seven-game losing kid comprising all five games last year and their previous two this season.
Today, Paul Bogle High will seek to win a fifth-straight game when they take on second-place Yallahs High in their Zone L game at Paul Bogle High.
On Wednesday, Ajay Smith scored the only goal of the game as STETHS edged BB Coke 1-0 in their Zone E game in Junction to stay on top of the points tables with 12 points.
Jhamaleek Porter took his tally to eight goals from four games as he scored in the 51st minute to secure Manning's School's 2-0 win over Belmont Academy after Shamar Hamilton had scored the opening goal in the third minute.
Shamour Smith scored for the third-straight game to lead Rusea's High to a 2-0 win over Green Island, taking his tally to seven goals, while Terome Morgan scored the other for the former champions.
Petersfield High stayed second in Zone D with a 2-1 win over Godfrey Stewart High while Manchester High beat Belair High 2-0.
Stevaughan Spence scored four times to lead Frome Technical to their 7-0 win over Hopewell High, days after they beat Merlene Ottey High 9-0.
Amari-Christopher Reid scored a hat-trick and Mark Lewis got two as William Knibb beat Muschett High 8-0 at William Knibb while Cedric Titus were 3-0 winners over Herbert Morrison Technical, in Zone C.
Former winners Clarendon College were also back-to-back winners with a 3-0 win over Lennon High.
Frome Tech 7, Hopewell High 0
Green Island High 0, Rusea’s 2
William Knibb Memorial 8,
Cedric Titus High 3, Herbert Morrison 0
Petersfield High 2, Godfrey Stewart 1
Belmont Academy 0, Manning’s School-2
BB Coke High 0, STETHS 1
Sydney Pagon 1, Munro College 2
Manchester High 2, Belair High 0
May Day 1, Mt St Joseph
Christiana High 1, Alphansus Davis 0
Mile Gully 0, Holmwood 1
Clarendon College 3, Lennon
Thompson Town 1, Edwin Allen 1
St Mary High 2, Wycliffe Martin
1 Tacky High 3, Annotto Bay 1
Paul Bogle vs Yallahs @ Paul Bogle
Robert Lightbourne vs Morant Bay @ Robert Lightbourne
Seaforth vs St Thomas Technical @ Seaforth High
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.